In another great news story about food and drink pairing, the team at Alchemilla Restaurant in Nottingham have been hard at work developing a capsule collection of innovative cocktails. The range of five new cocktails gives guests a flavour of what happens in the kitchen, using some of the ingredients that appear on its menus, alongside both freshly foraged and previously preserved aromatics and plants. Designed to work equally well as a pre-dinner aperitif, or perfect as a cocktail in their own right, they are perfect evening drinks no matter what season.
The new cocktails are:
- Woodruff and artichoke negroni
- Aged beef fat washed old fashioned, made using Lake District Farmers beef
- Illegal Reposado Mezcal, tomato and wild lime margarita
- Chamomile and pineapple weed gin martini made using Redsmith gin
- Pine vodka, egg white and pine sherbert sour
All cocktails are priced at £13 and have been created in collaboration with The Urban Alchemist Roop Kahlon @urban_alchemacy. They apply some surprising new flavour combinations, paired with carefully sourced spirits. Although bijoux, the new cocktail menu covers all aspects of the taste spectrum from savoury and sharp, to sweet and fruity.
Recipe for the Illegal Reposado Mezcal, tomato and wild lime margarita
- 25ml Illegal Reposado Mezcal
- 60ml tomato water
- 10ml lime juice
- 15ml agave syrup
- Zest of wild lime
- Large block of ice that will fit in a whiskey tumbler
- To make the tomato water, blend 250g of fresh tomatoes with a pinch of salt and sugar, then hang through a muslin cloth to strain (you can leave this overnight in the fridge).
- Mix all of the ingredients (except the wild lime) in a cocktail shaker with a handful of ice.
- Double strain and pour into a whiskey tumbler with a big chunk of ice
- Garnish with the grated wild lime.
To get the latest news on Alchemilla please follow them on Twitter: @alchemillaresto, Instagram: @alchemillarestaurant and Facebook: @alchemillarestaurant