I love a good sandwich. Bread, lashings of creamy butter, crisp lettuce, juicy beef tomatoes (are you hungry yet?)… what’s not to like? In a bid to incorporate more vegetarian dishes into my diet, this Quorn recipe is one that I’m looking forward to trying out.
With the trend towards eating less meat booming in 2017, Quorn has unveiled a new addition to its expanding great tasting protein range: Chilli & Lime Sliced Fillets.
These spicy fillets, marinated with a hint of red chilli and refreshing lime, are great for snacking or adding extra zing to pasta, pizzas, salads and sandwiches for heat fiends looking for extra flavour. High in protein and low in saturated fat, this new addition will make meat reduction even easier for those looking to find healthy, delicious alternatives that enable them to eat meals that are better for their families and the planet.
The launch comes off the back of one of the hottest food trends predicted to rise in 2017 – meat reduction. As the UK increasingly starts to reduce its meat consumption, Quorn is offering more products than ever before to make this transition as easy and tasty as possible. Figures released in 2016 by Mintel found 35% of Britons are eating less meat. This increases to 39% of women, and the numbers were predicted to rise by 10% last year alone.
The launch of Quorn’s Chilli & Lime Sliced Fillets coincides with a complete relaunch of the Quorn brand. Featuring sleek new packaging, Quorn is encouraging more and more consumers to discover great tasting, nutritious food and help those looking to eat a little healthier by reducing their meat intake, without compromising on taste.
The recipe below for a New York Club Sandwich is a simple example of how to get creative in the kitchen with Quorn and enjoy a great tasting source of protein.
(The Chilli & Lime Fillets will be available from 6th March in Sainsbury’s nationwide, RRP £2.50.)
Quorn Chilli & Lime Sliced Fillets in a New York Club Sandwich
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time:10 mins
- 1 pack of Quorn Chilli & Lime Sliced Fillets
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
Ingredients for Yoghurt Dressing
- 100ml low fat natural yoghurt
- 1 small clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp chopped chives
- 1 tsp chopped mint
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Pinch of ground smoked paprika (optional)
Ingredients for Club Sandwich
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 3 slices wholemeal bread
- 1 tomato, washed and thinly sliced
- ¼ small iceberg lettuce, washed and cut into wide strips
- Combine the ingredients for the yoghurt dressing. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Gently heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the Quorn Chilli and Lime Sliced Fillets for 6 minutes turning frequently.
- Squeeze the lime over the avocado slices and season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly toast the bread. Generously spread the yoghurt dressing over the slices of toast. Cover one slice of toast with tomato, any leftover yogurt dressing, Quorn Chilli and Lime Sliced Fillets, lettuce and avocado. Place a slice of toast on top and repeat the layers finishing with the remaining slice of toast.
Have you tried this recipe? I’d love to know how you got on.